Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thanks Winston!

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.  ~Winston Churchill" 

This quote totaly explains my day.  It has been a rough week back at school.  Honestly, I didn't want to be there, and I was assistant-less for most of it. The kids were whiney, I was crabby, and it seemed like no one was even listening to me. When I finally got home, after a gazillion parent meetings, I have been drained-unmotivated to do the smallest task. I felt miserable.

Yesterday, at my 3 hour long ILT meeting (which I, of course, dreaded for days) our leader said something that really spoke to me.  I don't remember exactly what it was, but it reminded me that MY attitude, tone, behavior, etc, affected the way my kids behaved, and they way I perceived the day.  Yep, I have been causing my own problems all week. 

This morning, the sun was shinning and I decided that my attitude was going to be different.  And it was. And today was much better.  No, not everyone was perfect, and some parts were still frustrating, but i walked in the door @ 5:30 (yes, 5:30) and have felt great all afternoon!  Yay Attitude!  I think I will go for a walk/jog, make some dinner, and Grey's Anatomy it up with a glass of Duplin Wine! 

And tomorrow is Friday! 

"Attitudes are contagious.  Is yours worth catching?"  ~Dennis and Wendy Mannering

"Work is either fun or drudgery. It depends on your attitude. I like fun." ~ Colleen C. Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment