Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Knock, knock...Martha, are you in there???


For the past couple of months I have been thinking about household responsibility.  Cleaning, cooking, dishes, laundry, and the like.  And it makes me kinda nervous.  My room is a mess.  Clothes are everywhere, clean, dirty, unknown, all strewn about the room. The bed is never made.  I haven's seen 1/3 of it since May 2007.  The bathroom counter is covered with hair and make-up stuff and the laundry piles up mid way to the ceiling before i finally take it to the wash, where 95% of the time my mom does it.  That is a little embarrassing. But i don't do much to relieve her of that duty because, well, I HATE CLEANING. I don't like to vacuum, dust (hey, it makes me sneeze!), do the tub and tiles, or wash and fold the clothes.  I don't like to sweep. I despise doing dishes.   
In 100 days I will be married and responsible, at least in part, for all of these dreaded chores.  Part of me is hoping that my inner Martha Stewart comes flooding out with the I-Do's... but the realistic side of me knows that is less than likely to happen.  I mean, when I was in college, my room was messy (nothing like it is now!), but I did keep the laundry under control and the rest of the house in pretty good shape.  So, that gives me hope that because it is MINE I will feel more of a desire to present a clean and tidy home.  I want to keep it nice and clean.  But the fact of the matter is that when i get home from school, the last thing i wanna do is clean.  And for the past year i have been spending 8 hours of the weekend driving, so Saturday and Sunday are out for cleaning.  
Oh well, I sure hope hubby-to-be doesn't mind the mess from time to time, because it's gonna take some will power to change my non-cleaning ways. :)  And, maybe, just maybe, having 8 extra hours a weekend will give me a few moments to clean the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment