Thursday, May 21, 2009

Feelin' Crafty...


Clayton and I have made an offer on a house... we should know very soon whether or not we will have a home to live in after the wedding. And, in anticipation of home-ownership I have been mentally decorating the house we made an offer on. I came across this great idea on a "decorating for less" blog and I couldn't wait to get started on my own projects. The very next day I headed out to Goodwill in search of old lamps and such to re-vamp. I came away with 2 lamps, 2 platters, 2 candle holders, 2 bowls (1 wooden, 1 brass), a beat up bread box, and 2 vases...all for 37 bucks! Then it was off to Wal-mart for some Krylon Oil-rubbed Bronze spray paint, and of course the go to satin finish black. I came home, prepared the surfaces, and painted away. And I love the results if i do say so myself! I am so excited to paint and "remodel" a bunch of stuff I had in college that doesn't match the color schemes we (I!) picked out! Yay for cheap decor! And finally getting out of a creative slump!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds awesome! I'd love to see a picture of the finished products!

    ReplyDelete