Monday, August 17, 2009

being a "wife"


Today C came home from school/football practice (private schools started a week before us), and I was just about finished cooking dinner. It was a lovely meal of chicken stirfry and rice. Very delicious. Right after we sat down, Clayton looked at me and was like "I can't believe you cooked dinner and had it ready when i got home from work. That is so cool. I didn't think you would do that."

I didn't know whether to be flattered or offended. I am happy that he likes my cooking and didn't take it for granted. But I also kinda wonder why he thought I wouldn't cook. Could it be that for the last week all I made was pre preped frozen meals or hamburger helper? (hey, some ladies were nice enough to stock our pantry while we were on our honeymoon, I was just using what they gave us!) Maybe he just assumed boxed meals were gonna be the norm. I am happy to say that they will not be. And being appreciated is pretty nice too! :)

1 comment:

  1. Came across your blog! My hubby works at a private school and started yesterday too! Thought it was funny also that we had a chicken and rice stirfry for dinner last night too! :)Way to go on surprising your husband! It's always nice to feel appreciated, and cooking dinner is definitely one way to achieve it! :)

    ReplyDelete